information.space

where did my hylon go?

8.22.2004

Really?

So there I was standing on the corner confused. Which direction was I going in? The answer was defiantly not forthcoming. Apparently I wasn't hiding my befuddled state very well. I noticed someone watching me, he knew. Starting towards me, I was beginning to feel as if I should make my mind up not wanting to interact with anyone, while something inside me held me in place; a feeling completely opposite to my original impulse. Again with the indecision. Often it's not the individual who makes the choices, but the constant motion which directs. I left it to my feet and the man to make my mind up for me. He was wearing a black leather jacket, with a bit of sheen to it, a white button up shirt underneath, with black pants and was quite well groomed. In other words, he looked like he knew something others didn't, or at least more than I. The very fact he made a motion towards something was descriptive of his prowess. Sometimes you can become enticed by that sort of behaviour. It's something many of us wish was so easy, so effortless. Why couldn't I move that way? Why am I not able to look effortless? Was it a skill I had never learned? I don't think an answer to that question existed, but I was unable to put it out of my mind. Then, as if all things had stopped, one object moving far more quickly than it should have been, or really was, destroyed his black leather jacket and muddied it's sheen. His well groomed hair became matted with redness and he no longer looked so... defined. I stood there and all I could think of was, what if I had chosen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home