information.space

where did my hylon go?

7.09.2004

The Joy

I went back to karate after a long hiatus today. I haven't felt that good, bad, tired, energetic, sweaty, thirsty and downright happy in a long time. I could explain why I felt each of those things at once, but suffice it to say; I've missed it! I can't wait till Tuesday for the next class and then the following Friday, then the next Tuesday again, then Friday... you get the point.

One of the things that made it so special was getting to see the people I had trained with after so long. Thor (Tandy Sensai), Bill, Don, Eugene, Drew, were all there and I felt right at home. They all went out for the traditional beers after training, but I'll have to join them on Tuesday as I just wanted to get home and hope for plans to fall into my lap (which they haven't yet, other than spiderman2 tomorrow). The questions were all welcome: "Where have you been; were you in town this whole time; What have you been up to since we last saw ya?" I secretly (or not so) love being in that situation. Where people show interest in you and seem pleased to be able to find out about what's been happening to you over the last little while. I spend so much time listening, seldom do I get to tell my story (it's just not that interesting day to day, but in extended time periods I can find gems).

The joy of karatedo. I think I'll close this post with what we say at the end of training each day.

One: I will work towards the perfection of character.
Two: I will uphold the true path.
Three: I will foster the spirit of endeavour.
Four: I will respect courtesy.
Five: I will guard against brute courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home